Christmas is a time for gatherings of family and friends. The conversation is often about fond memories of Christmases past. Here's a list of questions designed not only to kindle a conversation in almost any Christmas situation, but also to take the dialogue gradually to a deeper level. Use them in a private conversation or as a group exercise, with believers or unbelievers, with strangers or with family.
1. What's the best thing that's happened to you since last Christmas?
2. What was your best Christmas ever? Why?
3. What's the most meaningful Christmas gift you've ever received?
4. What was the most appreciated Christmas gift you've ever given?
5. What was your favorite Christmas tradition as a child?
6. What is your favorite Christmas tradition now?
7. What do you do to try to keep Christ in Christmas?
8. Why do you think people started celebrating the birth of Jesus?
9. Do you think the birth of Jesus deserves such a nearly worldwide celebration?
10. Why do you think Jesus came to earth?
In preparing for Christmas gatherings, ask the Lord to grant you divine appointments to guide your conversation, and to open doors to communicate the Good News. May God empower and use you to bring glory to Christ this Christmas!
A La Carte (July 25)
41 minutes ago