Tuesday, August 16, 2011

God didn't make a mistake...

by Joni Eareckson-Tada

I sure hope I can bring my wheelchair to Heaven.

Now, I know that’s not theologically correct.

But I hope to bring it and put it in a little corner of Heaven, and then in my new, perfect, glorified body, standing on grateful glorified legs, I’ll stand next to my Savior, holding His nail-pierced hands.

I’ll say, “Thank you, Jesus,” and He will know that I mean it, because He knows me.

He’ll recognize me from the fellowship we’re now sharing in His sufferings.

And I will say,

“Jesus, do you see that wheelchair? You were right when you said that in this world we would have trouble, because that thing was a lot of trouble. But the weaker I was in that thing, the harder I leaned on You. And the harder I leaned on You, the stronger I discovered You to be. It never would have happened had You not given me the bruising of the blessing of that wheelchair.”

Then the real ticker-tape parade of praise will begin. And all of earth will join in the party.

And at that point Christ will open up our eyes to the great fountain of joy in His heart for us beyond all that we ever experienced on earth.

And when we’re able to stop laughing and crying, the Lord Jesus really will wipe away our tears.

I find it so poignant that finally at the point when I do have the use of my arms to wipe away my own tears, I won’t have to, because God will.


No comments: