Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2 options

As I see it, there are only two options in life:

1) There is a God who made this world and has a purpose for it;

2) Everything came about by accident and nothing matters.

Which option seems best for you? I honestly can't think of any other option.

It’s one or the other: faith, or despair...meaning or meaningless...hope or futility.

The beauty of this world leads me to believe in a creative God who made us and the world in which we live. I believe we need to seek Him. I believe we can find Him. He's spoken to us--in the Bible. And His fingerprints are everywhere. A nature photographer observed, “Sunsets are God’s final brushstrokes on the beauty of the day.”

Without God, there is no basis for ethics. Why do atheists want there to be no God? So they can be free to do as they like. Without moral absolutes we’re left with personal preferences. But if God exists, it matters what we believe and how we live.

No comments: